In case your PC gained’t boot, there’s a superb probability that the ability provide will be the supply of the difficulty. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined a couple of indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some fundamental troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully clear up the issue.
First, we’ll want to verify that this isn’t a neighborhood electrical difficulty.
- Check whether or not the issue is said to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a identified working outlet
- Verify that the ability cable just isn’t the difficulty by swapping for a identified working cable
- Verify all energy cable connections for tightness
- Verify the ability change on the rear of the PSU to verify it’s within the | place
- Verify the PSU for exterior put on or harm doubtlessly attributable to overheating
For those who’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you may carry out what’s referred to as a Jumper Check to guage the performance of the PSU itself.
- Utterly disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides depart the 20-pin connector connected. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a steel paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide change within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability change. In case your PSU fan spins, meaning it’s getting energy and has not failed fully. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, but it surely may additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to exchange that energy provide.
That’s it! Take a look at the Velocity Micro blog for extra PC troubleshooting suggestions and tips to assist get you again up and working.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s group since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.